- Location:San Antonio, Texas
- EOR:The Consulting Engineers Group, Inc. - TX
- Precaster:MANCO Structures, Ltd.
- Architect:McChesney Architects
- Contractor:Bartlett Cocke
- Owner:University of The Incarnate Word
A $4.2 million multi-functional complex that incorporates four levels of parking, two student dormitory levels, mechanical rooms, storage space and offices, and a penthouse residence for the College President. The design team strategically located, shaped, and constructed the structure around a landmark oak tree in the middle of the campus. A fast track design and construction schedule enabled the parking levels and upper level shell to be constructed during a three month summer recess with minor disruption to the college.
The completed structure, which incorporates a precast concrete framing system for the parking and dormitory levels and a steel frame for the penthouse level, is an aesthetically pleasing focal point on campus and for the surrounding area.